Rather than sending out raving emails to people who don't always want to get them, this is where Bernard will now vent his spleen...

Friday, January 20, 2006

Speaking up can work...

My "Hate Mail" post yesterday did get me some comments; not to the blog, but in reply to the email. Got the following short ones from recipients, and the last one from the originator of the email. Pleased that it did make some difference; nothing substantive, but possibly a few people will be less inclined to hit the "forward to the world" button without actually thinking about what they are propagating.


Hi Darling

well I didn't reply and say that the whole thing was based on the premise that the Aborigines weren't here first....thought that my private thoughts on a democracy were best left to me!

Go Bernard ! Thank God we have thinking people in this country.
There's yet hope for our nation.... don't leave !!!
Grant darling - this email went around last year and I didn't forward it on then either.
I read The Australian most days esp Editorial, Opinion and didn't see the paper give the contents of this email any column inches.

Bernard, I don’t think I know you, which is not important. I too was on Grant’s email of yesterday, and frankly I didn’t bother reading past the second paragraph.

As .. says – don’t leave – this country needs more people like you that see this stuff for the tripe it really is!

Ditto – Go Bernard!!!


Well said Bernard

Oh allright I concede!

At the time I recieved the original email I had had an encounter that very day with a rather obnoxious fellow of international decent who had called me an Australian so-and-so simply becuase I had pointed out our rather severe water shortage as he hosed down his cement driveway and so hence I was brimming with angst!

Of course you are right Bernard & ... and I should have thought better of it.

So to all my apologies...especially to those who I have indicated my aversion to group emails of this variety!

2006 should definately be a year for greater tolerance and advancement, a little less "Aussie Gung-Ho-ism" and definately more effort towards those who are often ostracised for simply being "guilty by association".

A huge slice of humble pie from this end my loves!

Cheers

Gruntly xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home